http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PuysHwjRLg&feature=youtu.be
This is a personal reflection on my prejudices in society involving Blacks or African Americans, Spanish, Hispanic, Indian etc. Shows how naive I am to cultures around me and how I need to expand my horizons and learn about the surrounding cultures and the cultures I will end up being exposed to as a PT.
Hi Caleb. I love the way you started out your reflection...it is an assertion that "I know I have this prejudice, I am admitting it and I am willing to address them". You are correct in that our society does classify and stereotype particular ethnic groups in the particular ways that you stated. Confirmation bias can be, as you mentioned, a huge problem. We look for those things in an individual that will perpetuate a "i told you so" attitude. I think it is great that you will take the time to view each person as an individual and understand better there culture and religious beliefs which can lead to a better understanding how their perspective and world view. Thanks for your honesty and for sharing. ~Dr. Shaw
ReplyDelete